For the brave souls who don’t mind getting a little bit of raw egg on your hair or clothes for the sake of fun and the entertainment of others, I have a game for you. Egg Roulette!
However, if you’re having trouble finding people willing to play with you, here’s some advice. First, tell them about the game in advance so they can bring a change of clothes, or have some rain ponchos ready. I also find that people are more willing to play this game once they’ve had a couple drinks in them.
- Eggs (2/3 Hard Boiled)
- Ponchos (Optional)
How to Play
The objective of Egg Roulette is pretty straight forward: try not to smash a raw egg on your head. To get started we’ll need to do a little bit of prep work. We need some hard boiled eggs, so here’s the recipe:
Boil enough water to cover your eggs with about 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, and let the eggs sit in the boiling water for 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and cover the pan. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes, and presto you’ve got hard boiled eggs! Gordon Ramsay who?
- Depending on how many people are playing, boil enough eggs so there is 1 raw egg for every player. If you have 4 players, I would recommend 1 dozen eggs, so boil 8. Generally you want about 2/3 of the eggs to be hard boiled.
- Make sure you let your eggs cool before playing the game! Place all the eggs back in the carton and mix them up so no one knows which are boiled and which are still raw.
- Get your cleanup supplies ready. If you’re wearing a poncho because you don’t want to get your precious hair or clothes dirty, now’s the time to put it on. Although it turns out egg whites are good for your hair!
- Grab some salt and pepper in case you want a healthy snack during a night of drinking…
Pick someone to go first. This is a slight advantage, so I recommend doing a tournament of Rock, Paper, Scissors, or a classic game of Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum.
- The first player can choose any egg they want, but once they touch it, that is their egg. No trying to determine if an egg is boiled or not by shaking it.
- Player then smashes the egg on the top of their head.
- If the egg is hard boiled, the player moves on to the next round, and takes a drink for surviving.
- If the egg is raw, the person is eliminated from the game. Everyone else takes a drink as a sign of respect, while they go get cleaned up.
- Players continue smashing eggs on their heads going clockwise around the circle, until only 1 player remains.
- The winner can either walk away unscathed, or they can smash the remaining eggs on their head until they get the raw one, as a sign of solitude and not wanting to feel left out.
We want to hear how you play! Send us an email to let us know your style and we may put your game up on the website! Contact us here.