This game is unique, in that once you learn how the game is played, you will always be playing it for the rest of your life. You can’t choose when you are playing and when you aren’t, it will be a weight on your shoulders eternally, kind of like taxes. If you don’t want to play, then stop reading now.
Now, for those who are still here and reading after I just compared this game to taxes, good for you. Now, let’s learn how to play The Game.
- Mental Fortitude
How to Play
The Game is more of a background activity than a game itself. Whenever you or anyone else who plays the game is drinking, the rules apply.
- When you are given a drink in either a bottle or a can, you must make some sort of mark to it. You can dent the can a little, turn the tab 90 degrees, or maybe peel down the corner of the label on your bottle.
- Make sure you make your mark on your drink before you start drinking, because once you take that first sip, you’re officially in the danger zone.
- If you see another player who has not made any sort of mark on their drink, you can politely ask them if they “Play the game.”
- If they play and come to the horrifying realization that you caught them, they must immediately chug their drink.
- The Game is based on the Honor System, but you’ll find out who in your friend group plays, and you can watch them when they open a new drink to make sure they mess with that tab or label first.
- But keep in mind, once you call someone out on it, everyone will be on edge, so don’t forget to make your mark when you open a new drink or your compatriots will be more than happy to return the favor.
- As the night goes on and players get drunk, they will be more likely to forget to mess with their can or bottle, so be sure to stay on top of it!
If you’ve read this far, you now are a proud player of The Game. If you’re a forgetful person, you might want to start eating some brain food or get a Memento-esque tattoo on your forearm that says “The Game” so you can’t forget.
Just be sure to show this page to all your friends so they have to play too, and you can have a lifetime of fun playing The Game. Stay frosty players.